Filed under: Music, Track of the Week | Tags: constantines, holy fuck, ladyhawk, tokyo police club, will currie & the country french
1. Holy Fuck – Lovely Allen
When I first heard Holy Fuck, I didn’t quite understand the hype, but once I actually listened to them I was able to appreciate the epic proportions of this track.
2. The Constantines – Little Instruments
I’m going to see The Cons tomorrow night. I cannot express my excitement in words
3. Tokyo Police Club – Tesselate
I just picked up Elephant Shell, that is one nicotine encoded album.
4. Will Currie & the Country French – Surprising Me
Tokyo Police Club connection: Will Currie and TPC were in a band together before TPC.
5. Ladyhawk – I Don’t Always Know What You’re Saying
I just like it. I don’t know what else to say!
Filed under: Music, Track of the Week | Tags: Attack in Black, Dan Mangan, Forest City Lovers, Matthew Barber, The Dress Whites
1. Forest City Lovers – Don’t Go
This is a cute little bittersweet track that easily gets stuck in my head. I’m also partial to their name.
2. Dan Mangan – Journal of a Narcoleptic
Dan Mangan could tell me that an choir of tone-deaf-monkeys were sensational, and I would believe him. That is how I feel about the “I’m sorry”‘s in this song.
3. The Dress Whites – The Whale
I ordered The Dress Whites‘s album based solely on this track. It has yet to arrive and I’m getting a little antsy!
4. Matthew Barber – I’m Gonna Settle My Accounts With You
The intro to this reminds me of the Mr Dressup opening, but then I’m reminded it’s hardly child’s play and I’m ok with that!
5. Attack in Black – Northern Towns
I just picked up Marriage and I like it.
Next week will bring change. I promise.
Filed under: Music, Track of the Week | Tags: born ruffians, constantines, jane vain, Music, the good life, tokyo police club
1. Jane Vain and the Dark Matter – C’mon Baby Say Bang Bang
The vocals alone make this track dark enough to want a night light!
2. Constantines – Hard Feelings
Jump on the bandwagon! Kensington Heights officially hits the street tomorrow, but you can hear the album on their MySpace! (Did I mention I’m slightly obsessed with these guys?)
3. The Good Life – Keely Aimee
I’m also a huge admirer of Kasher, and the lyric “I love your suffering like gravity loves a stumbling drunk” is enough to keep this song in an infinite loop.
4. Born Ruffians – I Need a Life
I missed their show on Saturday night because Sunday morning exams are the spawn of Satan. This is how I cope.
5. Tokyo Police Club – Your English is Good
Reasons I like Tokyo Police Club: They’re good, they’re Canadian, they’re on Saddle Creek.
I swear, once May hits, I’ll give this blog the tender, love and care that it is worthy of. (Translation: I’ll play with it for a few days and probably forget about it a month later) But hey, I try.
Filed under: Music, Track of the Week | Tags: black mountain, blood meridian, constantines, daniel ledwell, Music, wintersleep
1. Daniel Ledwell – I Have Made You A Mixtape
Terribly cute, I particularly enjoy the classic ending.
2. Black Mountain – Stormy High
Craig and Pedro are right, this song totally needs to be on Guitar Hero.
3. Wintersleep – Weighty Ghost
I just purchased Welcome to the Night Sky and the whole album is worth a listen. Or ten.
4. Blood Meridian – The Burning River of Guilt
I don’t know what it is about this song but I just can’t stop listening to it.
5. The Constantines – Trans Canada
Because Kensington Heights comes out in a week, and it’s a solid track.